Mar 12, 2009

My Love/Hate Relationship with the Grocery Store!

So the other day when I was at the grocery store I realized I had my camera with me, so Jax and I decided to take a few pictures of the things we love here while shopping and the things we hate. Of course we found lots things we didn't like.Going to the store here is pretty smelly because of the amount of fish they eat here. We took TONS of pictures of fish. EWWWWWW and oh so smelly! (This is a place both my kids plug their noses)! I am not sure I will ever be able to eat shrimp again after I have seen the way they are kept in the tanks here. We then began taking pictures of the things we love. Pineapple, mango's, but then a security guard approached us and told us no picture taking was allowed. No more pictures of all the yummy fruit. I was a little embarrassed and felt dumb because Jax saw me get in trouble. But most of all I was annoyed because I was taking pictures of food. How can I duplicate it. Oh well! So we have more pictures of fish than the yummy stuff. But at least you get an idea of the options we have as far as food go. Have you ever seen so many rice choices in your entire life?

Yummy Pineapple!

We have a passion for mangos. They are so yummy here!

This is only a small portion of the rice available. There are 2 other pallets of it on the other side. Crazy!

Dried Fish. Everyone loves it here. Not quite as good as dried fruit. But what do I know?


Gutted Fish. Jax at this point stated that he might trow up. Can't really blame him.

Live Shrimp! Shrimp will never be the same to me again.


Need I say more???!!!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

I think it's the eyeballs on the shrimp that gross me out the most!

Mike said...

Squid Balls? Awesome! I love it!

Courtni said...

wow...as someone who likes seafood, i may have to give it up if i lived there ;-)

triplej said...

ewwwwww....I would never make it there!

Lindsay said...

So funny! That fresh fruit does look delicious...and all that seafood looks absolutely gross. I love your posts! :)

Christina said...

I hear those mangos are amazing. That was entertaining.

amelia and crew said...

Dude, that's sick, except for the mangoes. Richie Harris and I seem to have the same love for mangoes and passion fruit, but he served in the Philippines and I served in Paraguay. Weird.

Sean said...

...and that's why I can't eat shrimp!

Dianne

Heidi said...

Ugh, squid balls?! That dried fish looks nasty too. On the other hand, I'm so jealous of your fresh tropical fruit! How lame the security guard made you stop taking pictures!