So this trip was way cool. We stayed at the Camayan beach resort. We got a little bit of everything. Swimming, decent (not phenomenal, mind you) decent beach, and a pretty cool atmosphere. Jax and Gabbers loved playing on the sand. They collected a small assortment of shells. I went pittering around in the ocean with some goggles and a snorkel. It was way cool to just check out the fish. They have a platform erected about 50 feet out. I swam over to it and there were hundreds of little exotic colored fish swimming under it. Between my slovenliness paddling and the current helping, I made it back to shore relatively quickly. Jax put on his life vest and goggles and we headed back to the platform. Jax did AWESOME! The waves were about a foot and a half high at times yet he did great. Then we saw all the fishies. He rode on my back on the way back. We do that in the pool all the time and he like so use me as his boat.
One of our highlights were the monkeys. I was on the balcony of our room and I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. It was a long tail that went into the shadows of some foliage. Then I saw about 3 monkeys running around. For us it was so fun. To the locals they are their version of squirrels...or chimpmunks. We were throwing chips and bread and all sorts of western diet / monkey stomache ache food. Compared to the monkeys in zoo's these monkeys were movers! They have agility that you can't beleive. They would climb up the pipes and step rails so fast that they could go from the ground the the top of the hotel in at least 3 seconds. They were amazing.
Then after checkout we went to our next 'hi light'...'Zoobic'. It is a zoo there. It has wild pigs, snakes, osteriches, all sorts of birds. For the most part it was your basic zoo...until...the tiger safari. So we get in this 'Jeepney'...which is a World War I human personnel carrier...or in other words... a crappy bus / jeep with an extension for passengers. Our camera died so bear with me here. The 'Jeepney' has a metal cageing put on it. And for 200 pesos (4 bucks and change) they give you a chicken. Then while driving amongst these tigers...you hold out the chicken. It's squawking and flipping out all over as you have to hold it by the hind legs. JUST KIDDING!! It's a processed frozen chicken...had you going... I really wouldn't blame you either

(Guess they do use live birds...)
...but the tigers charge the jeepney to get some of it. There is little latch opening that one of the guides would open and hold out bits of chicken. Those tigers are just attacking it. Then after they get a piece or it drops to the ground the guide then aims some of it on the roof. 2 Tigers then jump on top of the jeepney. Kee ripes. So we had 2 tigers on the roof and another one circling the Jeepney. Then our guide guy opens up the latch again and this time doesn't hold the chicken out, but slightly inside. The mouth of the tiger is oh...about 6 inches in the jeepney biting at the chicken. That metal gives way...we are dead. Done. Ex humans. I'm getting a little edgy at that point. Our maid had passed out minutes before. Gabby pooped. Angela was in tears. Jax was screaming in joy. Tour guide lost an arm... Sorry. Just kidding. I was a little edgy...the rest was exaggerated.
So they managed to drive into branches to get the Tigers off the top...then gunned it to get to the opening and out of the 'attraction'. Just to take us to the crocodiles. We are walking on a thin metal bridge with a not very safe or secure railing system. For 50 pesos..(A buck and change) I am holding a thick pole with a chicken attached also. Fishing for crocs... There are about 200 crocodiles 12 feet below you. I was really concerned having the kids and Angela on that thing, OSHA is not a current export to the philippines...They start rolling and climbing all over each other to get to the 'chicken' that I am lifting up and down etc. It is a 3 ring circus...not a zoo.
Then all the while they try to nickel and peso you for trinkets and collectibles.
After we survived and made sure all parts of our bodies in the beginning were with us at the end, we then got in the van and went home. The whole trip. It. Was. Awesome!




7 comments:
Why do I get the idea that Kessee wrote this and not Angela??? :)
Oh my gosh! I was totally freaking out when you were saying that the maid had passed out and then the tour guide lost his arm!! You got me!
You really had me going. I for real thought they gave you a live chicken to the tigers. REALLY....why wouldn't I believe after reading all of your crazy adventures? That tiger thing sounds so cool though. I bet Jax will never forget it! Angela either.
If you click on the picture of the tiger you will actually notice that they DO use live birds at times. Unreal.
So fun!!!! What an adventure.
So fun!! Angela, to answer your questions. I got married November 14! I am so happy I can't even stand it, he is so amazing and great with the boys. Oh, and he is so great to me,(he had never been married before, so no kids for him.) We are living in Logan in his home. When my home sales we will put his up for sale and buy one of our own:) I'll be posting pics of our wedding on my blog as soon as I get them from the photographer! I can't wait to see them. Your kids have grown up...I can't believe it! Tell me how your doing!
-natalie
Wow you guys have been up to way to much fun!! and crazyness! We tried to take the girls to wild animal park in san diego and youave to be over 8. You know you want to drive over to the beach and warm weather while you are out here forever! (haha more traveling fun hahaha) We wont be out to utah till summer. I have work over spring break and then we are (cross my fingers) going to the bahamas :)
Post a Comment