Dec 18, 2008

Early Christmas, Sugar Cookies and Jax's School Program

An Early Christmas Present!
Since we are going to be in Utah for Christmas this year we won't be able to bring back tons of things with us. So we decided to give our kids a big gift before we left. I had this puppet theater made for the kids for Christmas. They love it. We gave it to them Wednesday morning and we have had lots of puppet shows, played store, and even used it as a ticket counter to boad the Polar Express. Jaxton sure knows how to use that imagination.


It has been really hard to get in the Christmas spirit living in a tropical place. I decided making Christmas cookies might help. Jax had a blast as well as Gabby. She mostly liked playing in the flour. I on the other hand was wondering why I thought making sugar cookies with a 5 and a 2 year old would be fun. It was a huge mess. Sometimes thinking of something seems fun and then doing it turns out a lot different than you thought. Oh well, the kids had fun and that was the most important part. The cookies turned out delicious though.


What a mess!
Jax had his Christmas program at school the other day. It was so cute. They sang a bunch of songs, had a musical ensemble that was incredible and did a play. Montessori is quite the thing. Add the Philippines to it and WOW! They hand select kids to be in a special music class. They play drums, xylaphones, bells, symbols. I am hoping Jax will get to participate with that next year.It was quite a show. I put a little video on here of some of the kids playing the bells. I wish I had had my good video camera with me. It is just from my digital camera. I also put a couple of videos of Jax singing with his classmates. My camera was being funny that day so I don't have to many photos. Jax is on the far right in this photo. He is a shepard, wearing a blue with a grey hat.
Jax and his classmates during the party.
Kids playing bells to Silent Night and Jax singing Christmas songs. The last one is the class singing "Go tell it to the Mountain". It was adorable, but I started taping to late. Still cute, but the first part was the best.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Oh wow! So funny!

Courtni said...

You get to go back to UT for Christmas? So fun! How long are you guys planning on staying in the Philippines?

Heidi said...

So cute Angela! Those bells had me totally impressed! They are so little and they did it so perfectly.

I know what you mean about getting into the Christmas spirit somewhere tropical. It is hard! I wish we had snow right now instead of palm trees.

Lindsay said...

So cute! Can't wait to see you guys!