Jul 31, 2008

An update at last

Ok, so my life is so crazy and I still don't have the internet.  Things here are so backward.  As soon as I get the internet I will start posting every day. Until then here is a brief update. First thing I have to tell you is about my first church experience. So Gabby had been in nursery and apparently had been asking for me. Things here are quite different and so they brought her to me even though she wasn't crying or anything. So Gabby was sitting on my lap during Relief Society and this women next to me starts nursing. Oh yeah just right out in the open. No covering up or anything. So Gabby recognizes that she is drinking milk and says to me "milk". Then this women says, " oh here does she want some "? And proceeds to lift up her shirt. Oh yes this is a true story for those of you who are freaking out right now. I immediately say, no no no, she hasn't been nursing since she was 6 months old." I am also like so shocked I can hardly do or say anything in that moment. So needless to say I guess they like sharing everything. here. YUCK!!!


Kessee is doing much better now and hopefully we will all stay well now. I have never seen him so sick in my entire life. It was pretty scary and I am so grateful for all the prayers that came his way. His job is going very well and keeps him extremely busy. I am enjoying being home with the kids, but get a little bored at times. My yayas help out a lot which is nice but hard to get used too. I am used to being busy all the time. I will hopefully be posting some pictures soon of the house. It is weird to live in a house that is furnished by someone else. I hope to make my house feel more homey soon. I have been going places constantly trying to get all the little things we need for around the house.

he kids are doing good. Gabby loves having someone to play with non-stop. Jaxton likes it too but is really missing his friends. Life here is so different. We can't just go in the backyard and play or go outside and play with the neighbors. Living in a highrise is so different in lots of ways. Our ward does have an american playgroup on tues. A lot of them are xpats and our 1st time going is this coming tuesday so I am excited about that. 

This morning Jaxton and I were playing scientist. He is so creative and has such a great imagination. His lab was in his bedroom and every time we went in we had to do a hand and eye scan. Once we were in the lab all of our equipment was pretend and inside his desk. He also had us make id badges out of paper and markers and tape them to our shirts so we had all access once we were in the lab. It is so fun to watch him while he is playing. 

Well thats all for now. I will hopefully have internet here in the next few days so that I can start blogging more. Hope everyone is doing good. We are happy and luckily healthy. :) 

6 comments:

Lara said...

Oh my heck that story at church is crazy! I can just imagine the look on your face. Just being here in NY is like a whole different world I can't imagine really being in a different country. Isaac and Gracie are starting to go crazy with the whole high rise apartment thing. They keep asking for their bikes and swingset. I'm glad to here things are going okay.

bv said...

Ang, I am so glad that Kessee is helathy again. I can't imagine the stress of all of that on you. I'm also still trying to figure out how it must be to have two yayas living with you.

Now, the whole milk sharing experience is yet another cultural adjustment and I can only imagine that it was a little shocking! funny is that soon enough you'll become use to the way things are there (not that you'll ever adapt it yourself!!!)

Milk, it does a body good, right?!

Michelle said...

I am so disturbed by that story I can't even begin to explain it. WEIRD.

Heidi said...

Yeah, I'd be freaking out! Bet that's one experience you'll never forget! Jaxton is so creatvie...hand and eye scans? Wow!

Unknown said...

Sorry, I feel like the big brother messing in and annoying all his little brothers friends. But it is so awesome how Angela you are able to keep us up to date on all that’s going on.
Anyways…When Nicki and I lived in Barrow Alaska, way back in 1994 just after we were married (stayed with her dad to work for a while) in the little branch there, there were a few Pilipino members. The daughter of one family had to be between 3 and 5 yrs old and she, would just walk up to her dear mom nuzzle around for awhile and before you know it, "little sunday school snack time". Ask Nicki…. Very strange to us but no big deal to every one else even the non Pilipino members.

Take care, Love you all
Please rub your knuckles on Kessee's head for me or wrap your arms around his rib cage and squeez and pop his back for me--he'll understand

Nicolas v.f. said...

what the...!!