Jul 24, 2008

We are here and are barely alive!!

Well we finally made it to Manila and it has been quite the ride so far. The kids and I survived the flight and landed in Manila on the 17th without our luggage. Our luggage never made it to the plane in SLC so when got here we had what was on our backs and in our carry-ons. Kessee had already hired some house help for us so it was nice to come home to a clean house and not have to worry about laundry or dinner. We have two "yayas" their names are Jemmar and Chay. They live in our house in the maid quarters and help with housework, cooking and the kids. You name it and they help with it. It has been an adjustment learning to deal with having someone live in our home who is not a member of the family. But we like both girls very much and Gabby has really taken to Jemmar. Getting the kids adjusted to the time zone here has been really hard. It is 14 hours ahead of mountain standard time so the adjustment is grueling. The kids have finally slept through the night the last 2 nights so that is wonderful. I forgot the cord to my camera so I haven't been able to download any pictures on to the laptop. Stay tuned for pics of our house to come shortly.
Unfortunately Kessee has been sick ever since I got here. It started our with  soar throat and a fever and then severe joint pains followed. The fever was lingering so we ended up at the doctor getting some blood work done. They drew blood and tested him for every third world disease you can think of. Malaria, typhoid, dengue, hepatitis and much more. Those are the things they narrowed it down too. However all blood tests keep coming back negative. Last night his fever started sky rocketing and after calling his doctor he suggested that Kessee needed to be admitted to the hospital. So here we are in the hospital in the Philippines. His fever got up to around 104 degrees last night and they had to cover him with cold packs. They are still running tests and we hope to have some answers this afternoon. The doctor is most likely thinking it is dengue. That is a mosquito born virus, There is no treatment for it since it is a virus it has to run its course. However, you have to stay in the hospital so they can monitor your platelet count to make sure you aren't loosing too many blood cells. If that happens they consider doing a blood transfusion. We are staying positive and hoping that Kessee will get well soon. Please keep him in your prayers and we will keep you posted with any news. 

2 comments:

bv said...

Oh Angela! I am so sorry. I was really shocked reading your blog and hope that Kessee gets well soon. I'm glad that you and the kids made is safely and that you have help with them and the condo. We will definitely keep you in our prayers and I will be sure to have your names added again at the Temple. I wish there was more that we could do to help. We'll be thinking of you and waiting for the next update.

love you
xxox
bv

Marianne said...

Geez...welcome to a more provincial country! I've been checking your blog every day this last week, waiting for an update. I'm glad you're there safely. And I saw that Nicole is engaged! Yeah!! I'll be anxious to hear how everything goes with Kessee...