Kessee here. I survived my first night in the hospital. My fever hit about 39.5 degrees C or about 103.1 degrees F. But I digress. Let's start at the beginning. It was cold thunderous night...the Doctor's didn't think the newly born...oh sorry, too far back.
Last Friday I was down at the entrance to the condo's and I got hit with a wave of dizzyness. In less than 2 minutes I went from feeling normal to about the color of the whitest bedsheets. So I eeked my way back to the condo and laid in bed. I had a fever for the next 2 days and I was taking Ibuprofin for it. Then the fever seemed to dissipate and I was feeling pretty good. Then I tried to get out of bed. Keee-ripes... Whatever I had contracted decided it would be funny to remove all cartilage from my elbows, knees, and ankles. I swear that is what it felt like to walk. Bone grating on bone. It was like I sprained my ankles without any physical effort on my part at all. It just isn't good enough to call it a day with a fever, oh no, this has to leave after effects of 345 year old bones and joints. In a matter of 2 days I went from normal / dehydrated a bit to fever / sweats / and arthritic swollen joints. Grandma Gutke could have beat me in the 40 meter sprint...(probably can anyway! Love you Grandma!)
So I go into the doctor on Tuesday. I tell them my symptoms and they think it is down to a couple of things: Malaria, Dengue (Dang-Gay...yes. Yes it is.), Typhoid, or Hepatitis. The doctor has me do a series of blood tests of which they all come back negative...3 times. Geesh. Me and needles...not friends. Me and my blood...friends. We go way back. We like each other and do all in our power to never be apart. Doctor says that I can stay home but if a fever sets in or if any complications arise...(broken joints don't count I guess), then I should come back immediately. Well, Thursday hits like a brick and the pain in my joints decides to hop a taxi and make a bee line for my head. Fever and monster head ache. I don't get head aches. I can't even spell headaches / head aches. I had a headache. I go back to the hospital, this time to the admittance area. They give me a bunch of questions and poked and prodded.
"How long you had a feevah'?"
-Going on seven days.
"That's all?"
What do these people want? Perhaps if I presented a full on Spleen through the nose in the form of a cough they then might have deemed a hospital stay necessary...
So they give me chest xrays, ECG's, more blood tests, IV's.
So they determine I don't have Malaria...hooray. Tests are still negative for dengue (Dang-Gay...Yes. Yes it is.) No bacteria in the blood culture...so no Typhoid. Then of all things, they did a urinalysis and they said they have indication of a urinary tract infection...?! Tomorrow I have an Ultra Sound scheduled...I am sure I am at least in the 2nd trimester and I am banking on it being a boy... what the HECK!
I would kill for some good ol Jello right now...


2 comments:
It's got to be bad to bring an Idaho boy down. The top Georgetown cure always seemed to be "drink more water" but I don't imagine that will help you now :(
We'll keep you in our prayers and hope for another update soon.
xoxo
bv
That totally sucks Kessee to be so sick. I hope you don't have Dengee. There were elders that got that and were out for weeks unable to eat and even get out of bed. Drink lots of tang and sarsi to wash whatever it is out of your system. Keep us posted and we will keep you guys in our prayers.
Brandon
Post a Comment