Jun 11, 2009

Our Newest Addition!

MEET APOLLO!!!






So it happened...I broke! I never pictured myself as a dog owner. But my two adorable children begged for long enough that I gave in. We got ourselves a Shih Tzu. He is adorable and the kids can't stop dragging him around. Poor dog. Gababy hauls him all over the house like a baby doll never giving anyone else a chance to play with him. She says it is "her dog". I definitely have an animal lover in her. Apollo is a very good little puppy. We have yet to here him whine or bark. He is very mellow and we need that. He hasn't ever attempted nipping at the kids. I am hoping we got lucky and ended up with a well tempered dog. The kids are in love and staying busy playing with Apollo. He has now been in our trusting care for over 24 hours. Wish us luck potty training...AGAIN!

14 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, just like mom and dad did many times, you caved! I love his eyes! They are so blue. Now you're potty training not one litle girl, but one little girl and a dog. Good luck!

Les said...

Shih Tzus are such great dogs! Then again I might be a bit biased!:D Your new little guy is adorable!!

marilynl said...

This dog is so cute, I'm almost tempted! Jax and Gabby look quite pleased.

marilynl said...

Be sure to get his shots!

Sean said...

He's adorable! Too bad you don't live closer or Jasmine would have a little friend to play with. Do you want a cat to go with your dog? We have free kittens at our house :)

Barbara said...

I tdhink that is one cute dog. I love Dianne's dog, Jasmine. She is so even tempered and never barks, at least only a little beep once in a while. Dianne has lots of good ideas for potty training. Now you have another child!!!

triplej said...

How is the doggy potty training going? Sounds like fun!

Marianne said...

You are so brave. I refuse to have a puppy when I have small children. I don't need an extra kid! When they are old enough to truly take care of it, maybe I'll think about it!

Heidi said...

He is soooo cute! That will be great for the kids. I love his name!

Lindsay said...

Oh my heck, Apollo looks like the cutest dog ever! I am so happy for your kids. :)

Lara said...

I'm still in shock that you caved and got a dog! He is super cute though. If you still need doggy potty training help call me. I've learned a few tricks.

Karmen said...

Okay Ang, hopefully you weren't planning on this dog to protect you...no barking?! I'd want a dog that would freak out and bark like a madman if anyone was lurking around my house! Oh, but look at those eyes! Precious!

bv said...

Cute! I must say that I'm shocked but am glad you are keeping it as a pet...and not having it for dinner!!

Christina said...

You are definitely the coolest mom.