Jun 19, 2009

Kindergarten!

Kindergarten in the Philippines!


Jaxton at our house just before we left for his 1st day of Kindergarten. He looks so grown up posing for the camera with his peace sign.

 

Jaxton in front of the school.
 

Jaxton in front of his classroom door.
 

Jaxton and Teacher Jenny in his classroom.
 



I can't believe it! Where have the last 5 years gone. It seems like just yesterday that we brought Jaxton home from the hospital. He has grown too fast. At one time I looked forward and was excited for him to start school. So why was it that when it really came time I was so sappy and sad. The night before he stated school I cried like a baby. I really wasn't ready for the emotions that came over me. Thankfully I wasn't quite as emotional the next day when I brought him to school. Just gloomy and teary. Luckily Jaxton has a fantastic teacher and he was super excited on his 1st day and everyday there after. He is loving school. Every morning he is so excited to go. I was worried because he goes from 8-3 M-Th and 8-11 Fri. I thought it would be too long and hard on his little body, but he can't stop talking about it. He loves taking a lunch to school. They have nap time for 30 minutes after lunch and he says he likes that too. They get to lay in "special sleeping type bags", his words. He is going to the same Montessori school as last year. It goes up to age 6. So next year he will graduate to the elementary school. We are so proud of you Jaxton. We are looking forward to celebrating lots of educational milestones over the next few years.

Note: The Philippine school year is June-March
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Interesting their school year is a different timeframe...never thought about that! That is so great he likes school. I know I'll be emotional when Emmi starts kindergarten, I'm kind of glad it's not until next year even though she is bored to tears at home!

Sean said...

He's growing up so fast! What cute pictures. Jessi starts Kindergarten on August 20th and she can't wait. Sometimes I feel the same way, but I know it will be hard to send my last child to school. She's been my buddy at home for so long!

Nicole said...

I can't believe he's in kindergarten! He looks so big. Fun to see him at the school!

jacksons said...

Hey Angela,

It's Amanda. Sorry I haven't replied to any of your comments. I just figured out how to view comments made on my blog. Also, sorry about the mix-up on inviting you to my blog. I had to do it under Rob's e-mail and I don't think I told you you'd be getting an invite from a billyrob.
We sure do miss you and wish that we could've seen you while you were up here. Maybe next time, take care!
P.S. I can't believe how big Jax and Gabs are! They are so cute and I'm so excited for Jax and his starting school. I bet he's loving it!

O'Keefe Family said...

So exciting, but I don't blame you for being so emotional, I was getting teary just reading your post and thinking about Duffy going in a couple of years :)

Lindsay said...

Jaxton looks so awesome making his peace sign! Kindergarten is a really big deal...I think I'll be happy and sad at the same time when Justin starts. It's great Jaxton loves school so much! :)

Jared and Shelby said...

Congratulations on entering this next phase of life. Thank you for your comment and empathizing with me with Annie and school. You also commented on my birthday and our anniversary... I'm pretty sure both your birthday and anniversary are right around ours. I hope they were great and that things are going well for you. I love the Internet for keeping in touch!

triplej said...

oh...so exciting....keep up the good work Jax

Karmen said...

Holy cow! What a grown man! Time flies, whether you're ready or not! Love the picts and thanks for the chat on facebook!

bv said...

HOLY ADORABLE!!!!!! I cannot get over how dang cute he is! He's so grown up!!!!!