Jun 5, 2009

Mabuhay House!

Living in the Philippines offers many opportunities to give service to those in need. Every Thursday I volunteer at a place called Mabuhay House. It is a free organization that offers free surgeries to children and adults with cleft palates, cataracts, club feet, tumors and many other deformities. It has been a rewarding experience and has really opened my eyes. I feel so blessed and grateful to be able to spend time with such special individuals. The organization was started by a U.S. member of the church. It is not owned by the church but is run mostly by members. On Thursdays we go and feed them and sing , teach a lesson and have an activity. I finally remembered to bring my camera. Here are a few photos of some of the children there with the project we did, leaf pictures. They are always so happy and loving even with all that they face. They are an inspiration to me!

 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Fiagle Family said...

wow..I have missed out..you have just been up to tons of excitement :) I can hardly keep up with what new thing you might be doing. THat is awesome service how rewarding..it does make us so greatful for all we have.

Nicole said...

That is so cool that you do that. I didn't even know that you did. How sad to see those kids, but very cool that the organization does that.

ClancyPants said...

WOW! That is awesome. What a powerful thing to participate in! Good job, Angela!

Lindsay said...

I am so glad you shared this Angela! What a special and rewarding experience!

My Life I tell ya said...

What a great experience. You are so kind to volunteer your time for something so needed. Hope all is going well.

Cher said...

My heart just breaks for those little faces. I'm so glad you and others are there to help them.

Heidi said...

That is awesome you volunteer with an organization like that! Really really cool.

triplej said...

That is so neat...Does Gabby get to come too? Or does she stay with the nanny? Jax back in school?