This past Saturday we took our kids to the Avilion zoo here in Manila. It is not very big, but is awesome! You are up so close to the animals and got lots of chances to hold them. It is in a building shaped like an ark. We had a lot of fun. I also posted some pictures of what it is like to go to a local park here. They are at the bottom of the page.
Jaxton posing on the giant mouse that is at the entrance of the zoo. This isn't the only mouse you get to see, there is a cage in the zoo that has lots of mice for you to see and buy f you are interested. Everything is so different here. Jax wanted to take a mouse home. Can you guess what my answer was? Your'e right, not a chance!!!
Kessee and I holding a Macaw bird. Way fun!
Jax got really brave too and decided he wanted to hold the macaw also. He held it 3 different times. He couldn't get enough.
This picture of the Puma is not that great because of lighting, but I wanted to show how close you really are to the animals there. It is a little creepy.
Gabby was obsessed with the baby tigers. She kept saying, "I want hold my my baby tigers". You could pay 100 pesos to hold them and get your picture taken with them if you wanted. That converts to about $2.10. We didn't do it. I didn't want that tiger to bite my babies head off.
I love this picture I took of the toucan. 

YES , THAT IS A CHIMPANZEE AND I AM HOLDING IT. HER NAME IS JENNY AND SHE LOVES LOVES LOVES PEOPLE. AND YES, WHEN I WAS DONE I REALLY WANTED TO RUN HOME TO THE SHOWER. :)
Here are a few pictures of the kids at a local park after Jax's baseball practice last week. As you can see the parks are a little pitiful. Mostly they are the little tike play areas, along with some really old play equipment. 
What is this...a little dangerous if you ask me. But Jax loved every minute of it.
After being at the park for around 30 minutes I finally convinced Gabby to play on the equipment. She kept going up to it and saying, "it's to yucky, it's too dirty". Talk about a girly-girl. 


12 comments:
My kids want to come visit the zoo so they can hold the chimp. It looks like a fun zoo. Next time wer'e in Manila, we'll have to visit it, hee hee. Good call on the baby tiger.
Dianne
Mac loves your zoo too! ;) I want to hold a monkey like you did! That is AWESOME! :) Mac says he wants to have a pet monkey!
Nice park! LOL! I guess it's better than nothing, huh? Jax on that funny merry-go-round thing cracks me up!
I laughed so hard at that 2nd picture of you and the chimp. The look on your face is like "you are invading my personal space chimpanzee!" But the chimp just LOVES YOU. And is she wearing Crocks????
Wow what an experience.
Crazy. What funny kids. Can't wait for Christmas!
How cool you got to hold a chimpanzee! I am so jealous, I love them! That zoo looks amazing and very interesting.
the picture of the chimpanzee and you made me laugh. Was it really wearing pink shoes? pretty cute pics. -rach
Ang...I want that monkey. She is so cute. Looks like a great time. Miss you guys. Can't wait until Christmas.
Loved the pictures of the zoo, especially after Jax gave me and Nate a play by play on the phone of everything you did that day. They are both so cute!
I love the pictures of you and the chimp. So cute!
All the pictures are great!
My girls and I are looking at your blog and they're kinda freaking out! "OOh, I would never hold a bird!" "That's scary to have a real monkey (chimp) hugging you" So apparently they don't care for your cool zoo...but I think it's awesome!
Zoo is cute....what else is going on with you guys?!!!
ANGELA!!!I This is an old roomate, Heidi. I lived with you and Cher and all those girls in SLC. I will be so sad if you don't remember me. I have been thinking a lot about you and then I saw a link on Cherolyn's page! So glad I found you....please email me and tell me all about your life! heidijwalker@comcast.net......can you delete this comment after you save my email!
Heidi & Alma
Post a Comment