Nov 2, 2008

Halloween Filipino Style

Halloween here is a little different than in the US. It is mostly blood and guts, monsters and zombies... Anyway anywhere you go on Halloween you see the scariest people dressed up all bloody and stuff. It's not just the adults, little kids as young as Gabby are dressed up in terrifying costumes. What happened to savoring childhood? Anyway so trick-or-treating in our building was actually on the 25th and we were flying over the pacific ocean on our way back so we missed it. However our ward had a halloween party that we were able to attend. They had a games, a costume contes (Jaxton won his division) and a trunk-or-treat.

Jaxton as "Dash". He was perfect for this.:)


Gabby as "Cinderella". I had the cutest witch costume for here, but she absolutely refused to put it on. She kept saying, "pincess mommy, be a pincess". So needless to say she wore her ballerina princess dress-up costume that is a little too big.

Gabby and soem twin girls that are in our ward. They love her and are always telling me she looks like a "baby doll" or a "barbie doll".
Ok, so talk about disappointment to a kid to trick or treat here. They got some of the wierdest things. Here are a few of the "treats". If you can call them that.

Mentos are like the smarties of the Philippines.
Jello in atube..who could ask for more. YIKES!
A KFC brownie, now that is a little scary.
Luckily Jaxton and Gabby aren't old enough to really know what they are missing. And they love the Jello sticks. Gross if you ask me, but at least they were happy, right?

10 comments:

Christina said...

Those pictures on the side are cute! I forgot that you have photo experience. I got them done at the Baby Expo at the South Towne Expo center. We waited in line FOREVER because the sitting was free and the photo was only 10 bucks. But of course I spent a ton and bought the CD so I could make my own prints.

Sean said...

I've been wondering what your halloween was like in the Phillipines. Thanks for posting. Looks like your kids had fun. Jello in a tube...yummm!

Dianne

Heidi said...

I didn't know they even celebrated Halloween there. That is some crazy loot they got! I hope you threw away the KFC brownie. ;) I love reading all your posts, they just fascinate me!

Lindsay said...

Mmmmmmm, I love Mentos!
Those are some great photos! Your kids look adorable in their costumes!
:) Lindsay

My Life I tell ya said...

Angela:
So it looks like you still had a Happy Halloween. I would have to agree the KFC brownie looks a bit scary. Well that's mainly cause I worked there and everything from KFC makes me sick now. email me at milliethomsen@yahoo.com and I will invite you to my blog. I just need your email.
Millie

bv said...

wow! crazy stuff! you so make me laugh...like everytime!!

how dare you try to make gabs a witchy poo when she could be a pincess!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I hope you don't mind me checking out the blog, I found your link from Shar's. Anyway, it's fun to hear what crazy stuff you guys are up to over there! I swear, your kids will come back thinking it's standard to get jello in a tube for Halloween.....mmmmm.

Cher said...

I laughed hard at the KFC brownie in plastic!!!!!

triplej said...

Fun for you...yummy weird treats. Glad to see you made it home OK.
Miss you guys...how do you get your dang cute backgrounds for your blog? Give me a call.

Fiagle Family said...

Oh come on who wouldnt want a smashed brownie from KFC.?? YUM!! Ok we have to see you guys this time when you come back. Everyones kids are getting so big..its been way too long!