Oct 21, 2009

Overload!

I am overloaded with things I need to blog about. So much in fact that all I do is think about it but dread how long it will take so I never actually do it. My mom is mad. She wants to see more pictures of the kids. Who can blame her? We only live like a million miles away. This is her way to see them. But then again, she is coming here...TONIGHT! I am leaving for the airport in about 45 minutes. I am so excited. I feel like a 6 year old on Christmas Eve wishing Christmas day would come faster. Poor little Jax wanted to go to the airport so bad. Tried so hard to stay awake, but now he is sleeping peacefully on my bed. I am listening to the quiet sounds of his breathing. I love it. I had to promise to wake him up when I leave. I will, but I am thinking there is no way his little body is going to wake. He is so excited to see Grandma.

Anyways, back to my blogging dilemma. I have so much to blog about. For starters, Gabby got a haircut. Not just any haircut. Pretty much her first haircut. Yes, in the 3 years of her life this is the first. (Unless you count the time Nicole barely trimmed off like a 16th of an inch from the top of her wispy hair about a year ago, and I don't count that). This is a pretty big milestone for us. She was basically bald for more than half of her life at this point. It wasn't until we moved here that she started to get hair, and most of it has come in in the last 9 months.
When you get your first haircut at the age of 3 this is how you feel about it. Not happy. It took a lot of bribing. Even the stylists were trying to bribe her. Eventually she decided (after about a 30 minute debate) that pink ice cream was worth it. She gets that from my dad. And from my sister Melissa. When Gabby was barely a year old she ate 2 entire ice cream cones...cones and all...BY HERSELF. That is true. I can't even do that. But the girl loves ice cream.

This is the final result. I know, it doesn't look much different. We didn't get much taken off. Just enough to even the ends up and make it look healthier. She was so proud of herself after and now tells everyone that she got a haircut.

I am going to blog again soon. Hopefully, I mean my mom and grandma are going to be here. So I will have to give them my attention. But I still need to blog about helpers birthday, major ward service project, funny things that have happened around here etc. I'll get to it and I will do it happily. After all this is my life and I love it.

That's all...for now!

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

Have a wonderful time with your mom and Grandma!!! I am so excited for you!!!
I look forward to hearing about their visit...I bet it will be so fun.
Gabby's hair looks very pretty! I love that you documented her first haircut at age 3. :)

Nicole said...

Oh my cuteness! She looks so unbleievably grown up. And her hair looks really thick. I can tell a difference. I hope you have fun with Grandma and Mom!

Natalie said...

I know how you feel Angela, at some point it all gets so overwhelming!!! There are so many fun things to blog about and so little time. I can't wait to hear all about it:)

Courtni said...

have fun with your mom!!! and don't worry...we all get behind on blogs and don't know how to catch up!

amelia and crew said...

Beautiful girl! I'm so excited that your momma is there to see your new digs. Have lots of fun!

Dianne said...

What a sad looking little girl! I hope she does better next time :) Have fun with Grandma and your mom!

Christina said...

Kids are smart. I am going to start bargaining for more things. I think pink ice cream is worth getting a haircut for.

Have fun with your mom!

Fiagle Family said...

at least your kid can have a hair cut!!! lol. I love the curls too cute. When are you guys coming to the states again??

Heidi said...

Have so much fun with your mom!!! Can't wait to hear about what she thinks of the country.

Gabby's hair looks so cute! At least it doesn't look like she's screaming. Jake has had about 6 haircuts and screams for every single one. You'd think he would be used to it by now.

Rachael said...

I'm so happy to hear your mom and g-ma are there with you. How fun!!!! Enjoy the family time! ...Rach

triplej said...

Darling!