Aug 26, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Gabby!

Look Who's 3!!!

It's hard to believe that just 3 years ago this little girl came into our world. It has been a great 3 years and I couldn't love that face any more. Ever heard the expression "an ear to ear smile'? Well this girl has just that. She loves to smile for the camera and we get the same cheesy little grin every time. Here ares some pictures of her very special day.
Note: There are a TON of pictures. I couldn't resist...I think she is too cute in so many of them. Plus I have had requests from my family for more pictures. Hope you don't mind. :)
Gabby's birthday came to a start by Jaxton and I decorating her door the night before. Jaxton was so excited to help. We put balloons and streams on her door. When she woke up she was so excited for her "Pink Birthday".
She had preschool, so we got dressed and I sent her out the door with these adorable cupcakes I made for her class. I loved how they turned out. I used the mini muffin tins. They were so cute and small.
When Gabby got home she showed me the crown that her teacher made her and also showed me that she is now 3 years old.
I told Gabby that Kessee and I would take her to any restaurant she wanted for lunch. Just the 3 of us since Jax was still at school. Of course she chose McDonalds. Here we are eating the oh-so-yummy food. But having a great time as you can tell from Gabby's face.
Daddy and Gabbers
We then went to the carousel. Gabby's ver favorite part of the mall. She was quite thrilled that I let her go on it 3 times. I said 1 time for every year you are. :)
I love her!!!
Last year we did a pedicure on Gabby's birthday. I decided we need to make a tradition out of it. So we went again. Gabby loves to have someone paint her hands and toes. She chose a very lovely pink...anyone surprised? (Don't mind the leftover ketchup on her face. Didn't notice it until I had already taken her picture).

They also do a 5 minute massage on your hands and feet. Gabby liked that so much it put her right to sleep. The girls at the spa thought it was adorable. Look at her sleeping it up at the spa.

Present time. I decided to have her presents have a theme this year. That way we don't have tons of random toys lying around. (Not that we don't have that already. Just trying to contain it). So I did a kitchen theme. Everything Gabby got for her birthday was an item that she could use in her toy kithchen. I think it was a success. (For Jaxton too :) )
I love my birthday!
Gabby wanted a pink birthday, so everything I did was pink. Here is her pink cake. Don't mind the writing on the cake. I am obviously not a cake maker. But I still think it turned out cute and she loved it.
Make a wish!
Blowing out the candles.
Gabby and her best friend Elli.
My mom made Gabby the cutest apron for her birthday. It came today and Gabby has been loving wearing it. She has been walking around the house in the apron, and a hat and a pair of pink fuzzy slippers which I didn't get a picture of.
Playing in her kitchen with all her fun new toys!


Hope you had a great birthday Gabby. You are such a great little happy gal and I love all the funny things you do and say everyday. You are perfect just the way you are.

15 comments:

marilynl said...

What a doll!! Looks like it was a fun day. Gabby really does like to cheese it up for the camera. Looks like Jaxton had fun too.

marilynl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cher said...

I say the more pictures the better! That girl knows that a foot massage is the most relaxing! I love that she fell asleep from it!

Nicole said...

Happy birthday Gabs! She is so cute and I am so glad that I got to talk to her on her birthday.

Lindsay said...

I love the pedicure pictures...ketchup face and all! It looks like she had a pretty much perfect, pink birthday. You are such a fun mom. :) All of the pictures are so sweet!

Christina said...

Ok, Gabby falling asleep during the massage is about the cutest thing I have ever seen. That cracks me up!

The themed birthday gift thing is a great idea. I am going to do cleaning supplies for Samuel's. Think it will go over well? Just kidding.

Kessee said...

Gabbers, Gabbers, Gabbers...I just love you!!!

Sean said...

What a fun pink birthday! Happy birthday, Gabby!

Mike said...

The picture of her with you at McDonald's literally made me laugh out loud. Such a funny girl.

O'Keefe Family said...

She is so cute! What a total girly girl! After my own heart :)

MarilynG said...

Gabby is so cute! I'm glad we can communicate across thousands of miles. Happy birthday, Gabby! Love, Aunt Marilyn

Fiagle Family said...

How fun..nails even

triplej said...

So cute & Pink!

Heidi said...

Happy belated Birthday Gabby!

She is soooo cute! I love that she fell asleep at the spa! My kids would never do that. It's so precious.

Barbara said...

Just saw your blog. What an adorable smile. I love that big smile. Tell her I am anxious to see that great kitchen. I can't believe she had a pedicure. I am a FEW years older and have never had one. Kisses and hugs to both Gabby and Jaxton.