Aug 3, 2009

1st Day of School for "The Gabs"!


So it is official. Gabby is all grown up...or so she thinks. Today was her first day of preschool. And can I say I had NO IDEA HOW HARD IT WAS GOING TO BE!!! We had been debating on whether or not to send her since she has a late birthday, but she decided for us. She has been asking to go to school constantly for weeks. And just recently started crying everyday Jax left for school saying that she wanted to go to. So needless to say we started her at the same Montessori school Jaxton goes too. She will just go T,W,TH, so it won't be too bad for me. She was so excited when she woke up this morning.

Gabby and Jax just before we left. She is such a "cheeser".
In the car on the way...YIPEE! She looks so happy to be a "big girl".
When this helper of the school came to get her I thought she would hesitate. NOPE!! She went to her, said goodbye and then there was no looking back. Not even once. (sniff, sniff)
Jax and Gabby walking to class.

Jaxton insisted on walking her to her classroom. He is such a good big brother. He even let me know that he would check on her once during the day. (She will only be there for 3 hours a day). Anyway, after I watched her walk off I began to cry. My baby is all grown up and I am not ready for it. Hoping she is having a great dayand can't wait to ask her how it went in a couple of hours. My house is queit and I am not sure what to do with myself. I am sure I will think of something. :)

11 comments:

marilynl said...

:(

Lindsay said...

What a cutie! I bet she will love school...I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Christina said...

You are so sweet. I actually am counting down the days to have 3 hours to myself. She is cute that she wanted to go!

MarilynG said...

Wow! She looks so cute and grown up.

marilynl said...

Now that I've had a few hours to get used to the idea, I can now comment! Gabby looks so cute and grown up. How can she be big enough for preschool? I am still sad but I guess it's inevitable! I sure do love those two little cuties.

Michelle said...

She looks so cute and happy! I am so excited for her!

O'Keefe Family said...

Both of your kids are absolutley darling! You're a brave mommy, I need to get Duffy in too :(

Nicole said...

Happy and sad at the same time!!! She is so cute and I love the picture where Jax is doing the librarian face!

Barbara said...

I remember crying when I sent my kids off to school for the first day, however they were lots older. For some reason I think Gabby and Jaxton aare especially adorable. She looks so happy.

marilynl said...

I miss Gabby and Jax!

triplej said...

I can't believe she is in school. We just barely mastered the potty training thing.
Got to see Justin and Amy and it was great!
Thanks for all your love and support over the last few days! It was so needed.