Feb 4, 2009

My First ever Quilt...

...and I did it ALL BY MYSELF! Yes folks, you heard me right. No help except for a little coaching over the phone with my mom. It is still a work in progress. I still have to quilt it and back it and then do the binding. But all the piecing is done and even though my corners don't match up perfect I am extremely proud of myself. Hey I'm learning! I must say...I think I may have the quilting bug!




14 comments:

marilynl said...

Yay!!!!! You did it. It is so cute. I think you probably do have the sewing/quilting bug now. I am proud of you.

Heather Inns said...

How fun, you did a great job. I want to do a Levi quilt, we'll see how that goes.

I found your blog from face book and I hope you don't mind me adding you to my list. You can check out our blog if you would like too at: innsfamily.blogspot.com

Sotutus said...

It looks great! I'm so proud of you too! Now if only you were close enough to teach me..... :)

O'Keefe Family said...

It is so cute! I am terrible with the sewing machine but still insist on making the kids' Halloween costumes, looks like I need you to make them instead ;)

Heather Inns said...

I love blogging as well. Don't you just love how we have the same background. I thought that was pretty funny. Your kids are getting so big I can't believe it.

Cher said...

Very impressive Angela!!

Sean said...

Very, very cute!

triplej said...

Darling....are you going to teach me?

Lindsay said...

I love all the material! Very cute Angela!

Nicole said...

Very, very cute! I love the fabric. And it looks like your corners are perfectly lined up!!!!I need to make a post with my project now. Good work!

Heidi said...

Wow, you amaze me!

Christina said...

I love the fabrics you chose! I am trying to learn how to do coordinating stuff like that instead of just all matchy matchy. I love the look.

Kathryn said...

Love your quilt! I think I want to get into quilting a little more. Through the years I have tied many quilts, but I have only made three quilts that were hand quilted. I want to start making quilts that are machine quilted. When I retire, I want to join a quilt guild like your Mom and Aunt Marilyn. Acutally. that isn't too far away. This is my 29th year teaching school.

When Abbi's parents were in Manila on their mission, they purchased beautiful quilts. Have your seen them over there?
Aunt Kathryn

Terha said...

It's so cute!! I love it. Good job!