Feb 24, 2009

Groundbreaking !

So this may not seem like a big deal to some but it is HUGE to me. Forever (at least it feels that way) we have had to lay by Jax every night for him to be able to go to sleep. And since we have lived here and Kessee has been working nights, Jaxton ends up sleeping with me. Since Kessee isn't there I didn't feel like it was that big of a deal. But I started realizing that I am not sleeping well. It may have to do with the foot in my back from my 5 year old (just a guess). :)Plus, the weekends are hard, because Jax hates to have to sleep in his bed. We lay with him in there and then he ends up coming in to our room every night around 2 am. My nights seem consumed when I have to spend an hour laying with Jax, and I often fall asleep which makes it hard for me to get the things done I have planned for the evenings. I don't get to enjoy any alone time. Anyway, I talked with Jax about this and we came up with a solution that is working! He is now sleeping in his own bed and no one is having to lay with him in the evening either. This is a big step for us and I am loving it. Just wanted to share this groundbreaking event. HOORAY FOR JAXTON!!!

Life has been hectic lately...I'll post some picture soon. I promise!

9 comments:

ClancyPants said...

As a fellow Mommy who's slept with little feet in her back for years on end, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so great! I can relate to the joy and rapture that it now yours to wake by yourself in your bed in the morning.

In fact, Rohan just (in December) started falling asleep by himself and then staying there all night! (Although he's not 5 but 3.5, but Mac was the same so total that's 6.5 years of my life fighting that battle) Congratulations! Here's to more nights of restful sleep for Angela!

Nicole said...

Yay Jaxton and yay for you!

Heidi said...

So what solution did you come up with? I have to know! Emmi's been waking up in the middle of the night lately and coming in our room...it's driving me nuts.

Cher said...

I'm so glad for you! I remember when I was in that phase with my son. I made sure not to make the same mistake with my daughter who now is the better sleeper of the two.
You never do get a good sleep with little chillins in the bed as much as you love them.
What was it that finally did the trick for Jax?

Christina said...

I want to know what you came up with! I totally relate... Falling asleep in their beds, not getting anything done at night, not being able to sleep well with little feet in your back...

Another thing the have (or had for Jaxton) Samuel also comes in at 2 am.

triplej said...

I am still fighting with Kys and J so tell me what is the solution. There is not much room in our bed for 2 kids and 2 adults. (It's only a full size!)

Lindsay said...

That is so great! You are a great mom Angela...I read your idea for Jaxton on Christina's blog and it is awesome. Yay for sleeping!

triplej said...

So I noticed you have not updated your link to my blog...not a big deal just wondering if you are having problems getting to my blog.
triplejjohnsonfamily.blogspot.com
Miss hearing from you! Love your blog...keep posting.

triplej said...

Hey that was quick....so good to hear from you!!!!!!!