Kessee here. So rain, accompanied by thunder and lightning, poured pretty good today. The power even went out for about 20 minutes. Later in the day Jaxton and his friend Bennett (next door neighbor) decided they wanted to play outside after the rain stopped. I went out to watch them. While they were playing they decided to run across the road area to their other friends across the street. I ran after them and told them they had to tell me when they were going to cross. "We looked both ways" they both said in that little 'listen to how smart I am'. I then accompanied them both back across the street. Then, in my brilliant mind, I told them I was going to chase them. I first went after Jax on the sidewalk and then, being sneaky, I changed direction to go after Bennett. He ran onto the grass and I followed. Being that Crocs and water and grass do not mix I flailed my arms as my overly sloven body landed on it's back. Next thing I hear as my concussion began, "Wow, Daddy, you landed HARD!" Yes. Yes I did. I stand up and in my best impression of a drunken sailor, I stagger back into our apartment. Angela was watching David Archuleta clips on Youtube inspired by a post she just read about her brother Michael's trip to the American Idol finals in which he rode in a limousine, but I digress. I walk in and she saw how wet and dirty I was, so I then proceed to take a shower. After the shower I start putting my clothes back on and Angela burst into our room.
"Kessee! You have to come quick! Jax is in water over his waist and he isn't listening to me! I am trying to get him to come out and he will not even listen to my threats about taking away his Transformers. He just says, "Nah, put them on the shelf, I don't care. (Never happens...)"
I had no idea what she was talking about. There is only a canal by our apartment, but the road to get to it is so busy and out of the way that he would never go there. Needless to say I threw on my pajamas and went outside...behold, your little ones...er...pills:
The rain conglomerated into a small pond between our apartments. Jax and Benner had a blast.
Then, instead of listening to my adorable, wonderful, sweet, kind, caring, and loving wife, who wanted them out, I asked her to grab the camera...
2024 Johnson Family Christmas Letter
1 year ago


5 comments:
Oh my gosh! That's a great story! I'm glad you got some pictures but I have to agree with Ang...I would have been FREAKING OUT! I think it's hilarious that he said the Transformers could be put on the shelf!!!
Enjoy the holiday weekend!!!
Awesome! Kids are sent to us to either kill us (heart attack) or make us stronger (grab the camera!) That was a very cute post! Nice to hear from Kessee too!
i'm glad to see someone else lets their kids play in a puddle..ok i guess you really werent allowing the puddle mess but look how much fun. Im sure it was nice and clean too! haha. I love your discription of falling..its hilarious. amanda
So funny!
Wow! Kessee's write-up was pretty darn good! He should start up his own blog! That's quite a lot of water and I'm glad Jax was having fun and was safe...but I want to hear more about Ang's brother and American Idol! What's the story?!
Post a Comment