Manila here we come!!!
Ok, so everyone has been wondering what our decision is...well it has been finalized and we have decided to put on a brave face and move our family to the Philippines. Kessee and I had an absolutely wonderful time on our trip. We fell in love with the hospitality we received from everyone that lives there. So after much fasting, prayer and deep thought we knew that it was right to move our family. To make a very long story short (a story which I feel like I have told a 1000 times) Kessee was offered a job by a company called KMPG, not to be confused with the accounting firm KPMG. Basically the Philippines is an awesome place to put a call center since labor is so cheap over there, so there are like a million and one call centers there. Kessee has had lots of experience with that in the past. KMPG hired Kessee to be director of their outbound sales division. So he is over the entire division. It is a lot of work but so far he is loving it. He has been over there for a couple of weeks now and is missing us terribly but is loving his new job. Along with that he is also building an entire new software program for the company as well. So they are keeping him super busy. As for me and the kids we will most likely be heading over sometime between the 7th and the 15th. As soon as I feel ready to go, which is overwhelming. :) Life for us will be totally different and exciting in a good way. I am sure I will do a lot of blogging since that will be my touch into the lives of all of you. Kessee and I will be living in a condo, in a place called Renassaince Towers. It is in Pasig City which is part of Manila. Manila has around 18 million people in it and is getting bigger everyday. It is one of the largest cities in the world and tons of international business takes place there everyday. There are lots of Americans that live there as well as people from all over the world. I look forward to meeting new friends and having new life experiences. Stay tuned for more on our adventures in the Philippines. Oh, and sorry if this sounds funny and choppy, it is one in the morning and I am a little loopy. :)


9 comments:
Wow! You are indeed brave. We will miss you. Or at least we will miss knowing we COULD pop over to your house or to the mall anytime we want! Sorry about how little we've seen you while we lived in the same town. Isn't it interesting how life just gets so busy and goes on... Then suddenly your friends are moving to the FREAKIN' Philippines, and you seriously regret not spending more time with them when they lived just a few blocks away. :(
Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited for you! This is going to be an awesome adventure for you guys! How many people can say that they lived in the Philippines? Call me if you need help packing and stuff... or need someone to watch your kids while you pack or run errands! :) Good luck!
How exciting!!! You guys will have a great time what a experience for the kids and for you guys
HOLY CRAP! You weren't kdidding when you talked about your latest 'adventure'!!! I am so super excited for you guys! I had no idea that this was happening so fast. Let me know what I can do to help with any of the airport arrangements.
I seriously can't believe you are going, but it is really exciting! I love your blog. Here's ours...
sotutusinidaho.blogspot.com.
Keep in touch!
I'm seriously blown away by this news. Holy cow. I, too, am feeling really bad that I haven't been able to drive 2 hours to visit you and now you are off to another country!
Do they really NOT use toilet paper in the Philippines? I heard they use their hands to wipe! OOh! Bring lots of hand sanitizer!
How long do you see yourselves there? Wow. That's all I can say for now. WOW.
I am so happy for you! I think that is really awesome. What a great experience for you family and an opportunity for your kids to learn about a new culture. I am jealous! You better keep blogging because I want to know everything! Congrats on the new job and move!!!!!
I am very very happy for you guys. Selfishly,I am sad about it cause you are moving so far away. I'm glad this gives Kessee lots of opportunities. I think of it like a 2 yr mission....except we can talk on the phone (hopefully) anytime we want. :) I hope everything goes well with moving.Thank goodness you have a moving company packing you up. Keep us posted on everything when you get a minute. Love you guys!...Rachael
Hey Angela,
Long time huh?! What an adventure that will be! I am so excited for you. We have moved all over the United States the past 4 years and are now in Georgia, where we hope to stay. We just started blogging a few months ago and it has been a great way to stay in touch with everyone. Good luck with everything!!!
Shelyse
Hey Angela,
Long time huh?! What an adventure that will be! I am so excited for you. We have moved all over the United States the past 4 years and are now in Georgia, where we hope to stay. We just started blogging a few months ago and it has been a great way to stay in touch with everyone. Good luck with everything!!!
Post a Comment