Apr 2, 2010

Long overdue post!

I haven't blogged in an eternity. I am not sure why. Most likely it is due to the fact that my life is boring and nothing exciting happens around here. It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and my awesome husband carried on his tradition of making me a 3 layer chocolate cake. It is always so yummy and HUGE! It is usually around the house for weeks because of it's size, but that way we get to enjoy yummy chocolate cake for a long time. This year Gabby joined in in on the baking and she had a blast.



I don't think I could love this picture any more. Her little face looks so cute and curious as she looks at the stirring batter.
MMMMMMMMM...........................


The final result!

Hopefully I can play catch up for the next few days on blogging. I really need to. But... I make not promises because I know my procrastinating self all to well.

The day afteir my birthday was St. Patty's day. I have never done anything green food wise in the past so I decided to try it this year. Jax said he couldn't eat green food that a leprechaun dyed green because it will make you tired. I tried everything I could think of to convince him otherwise and nothing worked. He finally agreed to eat it when I showed him the food dye and told him I had done it myself. There isn't much you can get past this kid.

Green shamrock pancakes.


Green milk. I found it a little difficult to drink. Something about green food is just so un-appetizing.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Your birthday cake looked delicious! So did the pancakes...I must need to eat breakfast! The kids are looking cute and Gabby looks more grown up than the last time I saw her which wasn't even that long ago!

Lindsay said...

Kessee needs to share that chocolate cake making idea with Dave. It looks amazing! I love your pictures...your kids (and you!) are so darling!

Rachael said...

I love the one of Gabby too. So happy you updated your blog. It's always fun to check up on you. ...Rach

Dianne said...

Chocolate cake is always a fun tradition, no matter what it is for. Cute pictures.

Heidi said...

What a yummy birthday cake. Lucky you! Your shamrock pancakes look perfect but I don't think I could do the green milk either! I always love your posts, you need to do it more often!

Anneka said...

Your kids are getting SO big!! They are adorable! And I love your pancakes. Good job!

Natalie said...

Hi Angela! I got you message a while ago. I got a phone call from Motherhood like the next day. Of course i told them how great you would be! I lost my phone and so i never called you back. We should get together for sure though!

triplej said...

Wow...now that was green milk! LOL...The cake was delish! I snuck a taste!

Karmen said...

Yeah, could you have Kessee teach Brian a few things about cake making and wife spoiling?!