Oct 9, 2008

I love the United States!!!
Just a little update to let everyone know where we are. We arrived in the US on Saturday night. My younger sister Nicole is getting married on the 11th of October so we took a LONG trip to Utah to celebrate the occasion with my family. The flight was long and grueling especially for me since Gabby was a nightmare for a good portion of the time. She doesn't sleep well when traveling so all we got out of her was 5 hours of sleep. Jax on the other hand is a fantastic traveler and slept for 8 hours on the plane and then settled in with his Gameboy. We hardly knew he was with us. But trust me, everyone on the plane knew Gabby was there. :)

Now that we are in the US I am not taking anything for granted here. We are doing a lot of playing outside and eating at good restaurants, which give me plenty of Sour Cream. :) And just enjoying the clean air and feel of being back home. We love our life in the Philippines, but coming home makes us very grateful that we are American and appreciate all the blessings that life has passed our way. We see so much poverty everyday and it is so sad. Being here just helps us put life in the right perspective.

We would love to see as many friends and family as possible while here so shoot us a line if you get a sec and maybe we can get togehter. Keep checking back, I will post some pictures of our trip as soon as I get more time. We will be in the states through the 24th of October, and I will try to update the blog as often as possible.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Gabby is at a hard age to travel with...sorry the flight wasn't so good! At least Jax was good for ya. I bet you are having a blast being back home! How exciting your sister is getting married. Have fun!!!

Lindsay said...

Hi Angela! yeah, you're back! (for a little while at least)
We are gonna try (it's not for sure yet) to make it to Nicole's reception in St. George. It would be so fun to see everyone if it works out! :)
So you go back to the Phillipines at the end of this month...when do you come back for good?
Love, Lindsay

Rachael said...

Welcome back! If we were living in Utah we would be right there visiting you guys. I loved your wedding,I'm sure Nichole's will be beautifully done. Can't wait to see pictures...Rachael